Proper care of African American wig is very important if you want your wig to look good for a long time. Of course, the proper wig care depends on the type of wig you have - whether or not you have a synthetic wig, human hair wig, a wig of dreadlocks, etc
General African American wig care:
1. Wash your wig after you have used about 8-12 times. In truth, however, you may be able to go longer without washing, or you may need to wash well before - this depends on humidity and air quality. And, for example, if you go to a bar and smoke, you may want to wash the smoke, the smell of your hair at night, even if washed only a few days ago! Be your own judge.
2. Use a towel to gently blot your wig dry - again, be gentle! Do not wring your wig!
3. Now add an aerosol dispenser.
4. Allow your wig to dry. You can use a Styrofoam head, but may stretch the cap. You may, however, prefer to put the wig on top of something like a glass or a bottle of hairspray covered with a towel.
5. Do not brush your wig unless it is completely dry.
6. Do not leave your wig on direct sunlight to dry.
7. If you decide to cut the wig, make sure you are using it for best results.
8. When not wearing his wig, left him in a wig so that it can maintain its shape and not get caught.
9. When traveling, take your wig in a box of wigs - you do not want to be crushed.
10. To wash the wig:
* Use a wig brush to brush through your wig.
* Be sure to use a wig shampoo. It is important that you do not use regular shampoo can damage your wig.
* Fill the sink with cold or lukewarm water and add the wig shampoo (usually about a tablespoon ... read the shampoo bottle for precise instructions).
* Place your wig in the water and gently swish it - be gentle! Do this for a minute.
* Wash the wig in cold running water until thoroughly rinsed.
Care African American wig of synthetic hair does not include the use of a hair dryer or heat-stylers and hair clips - they may actually melt and frizz your hair synthetic. Use only the fingertips or a wig comb / brush to style the wig. Also make sure that you keep your wig away from excessive heat, like opening the oven doors, fireplaces and barbecues.
In addition, most synthetic wigs should not be used in a pool unless otherwise indicated. It is also very important not to use human hair brushes - that can stretch synthetic hair, damage or curling them or breaking them. And it is not color or bleach your wig.
Care wigs human hair wig is actually very similar to that of synthetic hair. The main difference is that you can treat a more real hair wig as you would your own hair.
You can use hot tools - hair dryers, curling irons, etc. - in the style of the wig of human hair. Of course, if you have a fur cap like plastic, it is necessary to note that the plastic may melt when under high temperatures.
An important note about the care of dreadlocks wig wigs is that the two braids and wigs spiral curls should not be combed or brushed. Doing so could undo the dreads.