Synthetic wigs are easy to care for. No need to change the style of the wig after each washing, as you would with a wig of human hair. However, it is important to note that the man of shampoos and other hair care products are not suitable for synthetic wigs. Even the mildest shampoo you can use in your own hair is too strong for the synthetic fibers used in a wig. The same can be said about hair styling mousses, sprays and gels - do not try to use them in your synthetic wig.
Instead, use shampoos, conditioners and hairsprays specially formulated for synthetic wigs. Raquel Welch, Revlon Tress Allure and produce wide ranges of wig care products, and all these brands work well with any synthetic wig. Most websites that sell wigs offer wig accessories, too, so it is advisable to choose a wig shampoo, conditioner and spray when you order your wig.
Another thing to remember is that synthetic wigs can be styled with curling irons, hot rollers or hair dryer. In fact, heat can destroy your wig, so be careful to keep it away from lamps, ovens, etc. Most synthetic wigs are already prestyled but if you want to add some personality to it, you can use a foam is specially formulated for synthetic wigs and style with your fingers.
Washing synthetic wigs - step by step
A synthetic wig does not need to be washed very often - after 10 or 12 is usually sufficient. However, you may have to wash the wig more often if you use a lot of spray or mousse on it. Every washing shortens the life of your wig, so our advice is to try not to use excess products like about it, and do not wash your wig until it looks like you have to be washed.
1. Detangle with your fingers and gently brush your wig. The only exception is wigs that are very curly - do not try to brush
2. Fill a bowl with cold water (hot water can damage the wig), mix a bit of synthetic wig shampoo into it and place your wig in the water. Soak for 5 minutes.
3. Swirl your wig around in the water, but do not rub the fibers
4. Rinse with tap water Wig
5. Shake excess water off your wig and spread it over a towel to dry. Alternatively, you can put on a wig. If you have wig conditioner, put it on the wig and gently work through the threads with your fingers. Remember that you can not use a hairdryer to a synthetic wig, so place your wig in a warm room with good ventilation and let it dry naturally
6. Brush your wig when it is completely dry and ready for use again. Again, do not brush wigs that are very curly.